CALL FOR NEW ARTISTS FOR IAA
The IAA is a volunteer, non-profit organization with the purpose to develop and sustain an interest, appreciation and enjoyment in and of the Arts of Nassau County, FL.
The Island Art Association is looking for interested applicants who wish to
participate in a vibrant art community that supports
- Varied and exciting workshops
- Gallery Operations and Education Center Activities such as
- The Annual Shrimp Festival
- Art for children and students
- The fellowship and support of fellow artists
- Displaying and selling your own artwork
- Eligibility requirements for applicants:
- IAA Membership in good standing (supporting/associate/family or college)
- At least 18 years old.
- A resident of Nassau County Florida.
If you are interested in applying for Exhibiting Member standing, we welcome your application. Please complete the attached form and return it to the gallery in person or by mail. (Emailed or online submissions are not accepted.) A folder will be provided for the completed forms at the front desk. Schedules for the interview prior to the jurying on November 1 & 2, 2019 will be forthcoming after the Sept. 30, 2019 deadline. Interviews will be conducted between Oct. 6 & 19, 2019. You will be contacted by one of the interviewers to set up a mutually desirable time.
The deadline for applying is Sept. 30, 2019 at end of business day at 5:00 pm ET.
JURYING for NEW ARTISTS will be November 1 & 2, 2019
Applicant’s Name (Print): ________________________________________________________
Phones: Cell __________________________ Home_______________________________
ART MEDIUM: Please circle one. You will need to bring with you 6 pieces of your work.
If you want to submit an application for more than one medium, a separate form is required for each. Only those mediums accepted will be allowed for exhibiting.
- 2D on the wall: (Each numbered listing is considered one category)
- Paintings (Watercolor, oil, acrylic, drawing, mixed media, pastel, collage) (6 pieces total)
- Art Photography
- Glass (window and wall)
- Other 2D media (i.e.: bas relief wall hanging, 2D wood, glass, sculpture, metal, plastics, etc., wall hangings) (6 pieces total)
- 3D on the shelf: (Each numbered listing is considered one category)
- Fiber (leather, baskets, gourds, paper, clothing, etc.) (6 pieces total)
- Other media (clay, wood, metal, glass, sculpture, plastics, etc.) (6 pieces total)
I am currently an Island Art Association Member in good standing. I understand the requirements of being an Exhibiting Member. I understand how work should be presented for jurying. I have read Chapters 2 and 3 of the IAA Operations Manual. I am 18 years old and a legal resident of Nassau County, Florida.
Applicant’s Signature: ___________________________________ _ Date: ____________________
Submit this application to the
IAA Gallery at the front desk
18 North 2nd Street
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
or mail it to
Mary Quinlan, Gallery Co-Director Barb Wylie, Gallery Co-Director
1788 Fairway Dr. 96222 Palm Bluff Dr.
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034 Fernandina Beach, FL 32034